When the waves get rough, what matters is how you surf.
Former car salesman Dave Panozzo and his wife Kim got bitten by the real estate bug in the late ‘90s. They started doing flips and rentals, but then the financial crisis of 2008 hit. He started a construction company, they managed to recoup their losses and saw great success. Now, Dave is a full-time CEO of The Panozzo Team Real Estate Group.
In this episode, Dave walks us through the highs and lows of his journey to FI, presenting the risks and rewards of investing in real estate. He offers advice on scaling a business by investing in a team and proper coaching. He also shares his long-term plans.
- Dave and his wife sold their first house by doing a for sale by owner (FSBO), and their first rental was a new-build
- What the market is like in Scottsdale, Arizona and how the pandemic has affected it
- On learning from mistakes or “loser moments”
- How the Panozzo couple dealt with their losses from the 2008 crash
- Dave’s investment strategy
- How he and his wife built their 10-person team
- On generating leads
- His advice on not being afraid of failure: What’s your worst case scenario?
- Your Next Five Moves by Patrick Bet-David