House hacking is something you can do over and over again, and it’s going to build wealth. Take it from Bryan Balducki. He became a rental property investor by accident, but now, he is one of The FI Team’s agents.
In this episode, Bryan talks about his very first investment property and how he got into rentals. While giving a breakdown of his 4 properties, he gets into a discussion with Craig and Zeona about 15-year mortgages versus 30-year mortgages. He also weighs in on the pros and cons of investing in a house and a townhome.
- Napoleon Hill’s “Think and Grow Rich” and Robert Kiyosaki’s “Rich Dad Poor Dad” inspired Bryan to go down the path to FI
- About his studio condo and how he turned it into an Airbnb
- On special assessments and mortgage terms
- Bryan acquired a 4 bedroom, 2 bath townhome in February 2018, fixed it up, and then rented it out by the room
- On refinancing and what it was like to check out properties during the pandemic
- Bryan’s plans for the 4 bedroom, 2 bath single family property that he just recently closed
- Zeona’s tip for Airbnb-ing duplexes: make 3 listings
- Bryan’s advice on asking for help