Aug 25th, 2021
After first learning about house hacking in the fall of 2016, Jeff White closed a 4-unit property in August 2017 and got to work. Now, he has 5 house hacks and is a member of the FI Team—all while holding down his W-2 job!
In this episode, Jeff walks us through his bumpy start, how he dealt with tenants who were on a tourist visa, and his transition from multifamily to single-family homes. If you’re an aspiring house hacker, stick around because he shares tips and presents the advantages of not quitting your day job too early.
- On Jeff’s first property (which had a purchase price of $630,000) and the FHA self-sufficiency test
- Why you shouldn’t focus on just one type of investment for house hacking
- On reverse lifestyle creep and Section 8 tenants
- Jeff’s advice on turnkey properties versus something that needs rehab
- How he financed his investment properties
- His goals are to switch to property management and have at least 8 house hacks
- His advice on looking at the big picture and staying consistent
- Jeff White on BiggerPockets
- Jeff White on Instagram
- Jeff White's email
- Jeff White’s phone number: 720-951-6868
- An Intro to House Hacking